WHO WE ARE & GENERAL OVERVIEW
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Steal A Deal, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. We are also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
– how we use your data;
– what personal data we collect;
– how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
– your legal rights relating to your personal data.
When you visit our website at www.stealadeal.co.uk we use a third party service called Google Analytics. This is used to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the website, where the visit came from and whether they placed an order. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone because the data is anonymised. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
You can unsubscribe to our email newsletters at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer Jason Schauder or contact us.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
INFORMATION WE HOLD WHEN YOU PURCHASE PRODUCTS FROM US
If you place an order with us for any products, services, gift card or e-vouchers, we will request your name, address, email address and telephone number (or mobile phone number if you supply this). We need this information so that we can deliver your order to you. We will pass on your details to:
- our order processing partner Linnworks. This software provides us with integration and order processing solutions for order management and dispatching and printing orders.
- our delivery partners such as Royal Mail, Parcelforce, Yodel, Hermes, UKMail and DPD, so that you can track your delivery. All these organisations are fully compliant with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as a ‘data processor’ on our behalf. You can unsubscribe to these emails at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer Jason Schauder or contact us
Steal A Deal is ‘data controller’. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
- our payment services providers PayPal and Stripe. These payment services are only used in the event of you placing an order with us on our website
- our customer services review system Truspilot. This service is used
- our inbound and outbound customer services internal email system Reply Manager. This system is used to handle all our customer services
- our sales direct dispatch partners Smoby, Plum Products, KidCraft, Liberty House and Duplay. These partners provide our direct shipping services for large and heavy products.
All the above organisations are fully compliant with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as a ‘processor’ on our behalf. You can unsubscribe to these emails at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer Jason Schauder or contact us.
COOKIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE
A list of all the cookies used on the Website by category is set out below.
- Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure pages, order checkout pages and ‘logged in’ areas of the website.
- Performance cookies
These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. By using the website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies collect information about how visitors use the website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor in any way. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works.
- Functionality cookies
These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience on our website. By using the website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video we add, or commenting on a blog post. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Third party cookies